Salary range £30,000 – 40,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus bonus
Signoi Ltd, Brighton, United Kingdom
Signoi has an immediate vacancy for a Data Engineer and Analyst.
Signoi is a well-funded start-up which has developed unique IP in deriving and measuring meaning from unstructured data. To do this we use advanced automated analytics, AI, and machine learning algorithms.
As a data engineer and analyst you will source and analyse data to discover insights that guide our team and support our clients. To be successful in this role you need to be analytical, have a passion for data and enjoy presenting your findings in a visually compelling way. You will understand how the right data can improve decision making and directly drive growth. A natural curiosity is essential, as is a drive to get involved post-analysis to make sure your insights have been acted upon.
Our Data Engineer and Analyst will be responsible for all phases of the analysis process on managed service projects for a range of clients. This will involve both text, image, audio and video analysis.
The core components of the analytical cycle are:
(1) Data sourcing – on many projects Signoi sources data for clients. Data could be derived from: market research (primary or secondary); social; news; client communications, and much more besides.
(2) Data import – ensure data (whether sourced by us, or provided by clients) is clean and coherent, and import the data into the platform.
(3) Editing, cleaning and recoding of data once it has been imported into the Signoi platform. The platform has a wide range of data cleaning/editing/recoding facilities.
(4) Run reporting and analysis routines, quality control the outputs, and generate dashboards for client access to results.
(5) Handle data file export, ad hoc analysis and data requests from internal and external client(s).
The current platform is a Linux based command line interface (similar to the “R” statistical analysis system/Jupyter notebooks) analytical system for text and image data. It uses advanced machine learning and statistical algorithms to enable the analysis of unstructured data. The ideal candidate will have experience of a Linux command line environment. Core skills include use of bash and vi along with the full range of Linux utilities (i.e. wc, ls) to manipulate text and image files.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and have experience in data analytics. Some understanding of statistics would be very helpful. An interest in expanding your knowledge of text and image analytical techniques is important.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic company at an early stage with a unique market position poised for rapid expansion in the UK and internationally.
Signoi is – and will continue to build – an equal, diverse team. We are also acutely aware of the ethical dimensions of our work; from the data we source, to the platform we build, to the analysis we deliver.
We are offering an outstanding compensation package which includes flexible working hours, private medical insurance, pension plan, casual work environment (we’re very dog friendly), early Friday finish for team stuff, and ad hoc boat drinks*.
Please send us your CV (Word or PDF) and a brief note on why you feel this role could be for you.
Email to: email@example.com
Note – if this is not for you but you know someone who would be a good fit, we will pay a £250 referral fee for a successful introduction.
Please: NO AGENCIES
*It’s a thing.